SAFe 4 Practitioner (SP) Certification
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe 4 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- A SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Required course: SAFe® for Teams
Certification level: Core
Job role description / target audience
A Certified SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) team member responsible for using Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP) in a SAFe environment.
Key areas of responsibility include planning Program Increments and Iterations, breaking requirements into stories, developing incrementally with built-in quality, demonstrating value at a team and program level, and problem-solving impediments to drive relentless improvement.
Key areas of competency
- Explain SAFe Agile Principles
- Plan Iterations
- Plan Program Increments
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Improve Agile Release Train processes
- Integrate and work with other teams on the Agile Release Train
- Perform as member of an Agile Team on an Agile Release Train
Exam prerequisite skills or knowledge
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam:
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Working knowledge of software or hardware development processes
The first step toward becoming a SAFe certified professional is to attend the SAFe® for Teams course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee is $100
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, Multiple Select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course
- Exam Details
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.