As product owner you will play a key role in the product management function in taking client’s business and product strategy and turning that into a robust, feasible and competitive features which represents the best return on R&D investment for the company.
The product development lifecycle is an iterative one and the Product Owner will be involved from initial concept through to final implementation.
- Convert product strategy and vision into deliverable requirements
- Gathering and documenting stakeholder requirements, able to understand and grasp fully the nature of a customer’s problem, background and other key information.
- Working with R&D teams to refine requirements and feed into the agile development cycle.
- Supporting the development teams with required information and artefacts
- Updating product catalogues and product descriptions
- Working together with other product owners, user experience designers & development teams.
- Provide support to other areas of the business through the implementation process.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team across multiple locations
- Provide excellent service to Development, Sales and Marketing teams
- Work well under pressure, able to prioritise work load
- Excellent time management, able to hit deadlines
- Be a recognised expert on client’s core product features
- Able to identify risks and issues, and provide solutions to mitigate.
- Ability to work outside normal hours when needed to support critical activities or deadlines
- Leadership of key product areas
- Supporting development teams with information on a daily basis
- Feature specification and planning
- Requirement capture and analysis
- Feature description
The job holder will report to Head of Product Management
RELATIONSHIPS TO OTHER ROLES
The job holder will be expected to maintain effective relationships across all parts of the business
Ability to support short term travel to any of the Company offices or customer sites. UK & Europe
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL CONTEXT
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Strong experience of working in a product owner role
- Relevant degree or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Fluent in English
- French language skills (advantageous)
- Knowledge of the Navigation, GIS, or Telematics industries (preferable)
- Experience with SaaS and web based products
- Agile software development practices (Scrum highly desirable)
- Experience of working as a Product Owner
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient use word, excel, PowerPoint
- Keen interest in technology and customer experience
- Experience working with customers to understand and define customer needs
- Excellent work prioritisation and ability to deliver under pressure whilst multi-tasking
- Flexible and adaptable
- A Positive, ‘can-do’ attitude with ability to work autonomously as required
- Thorough, conscientious and honest
- Logical and pragmatic problem solver
- Confident to present to customers and senior company stakeholders
- Personal accountability
- Results oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with peers to support knowledge share and coaching
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and credibility with development teams